Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said that the total number of 'most affected districts' under Left Wing Extremism ( LWE) has come down to 6 from 12. This includes four districts from Chhattisgarh (Bijapur, Kanker, Narayanpur, and Sukma), one from Jharkhand (West Singhbhum), and one from Maharashtra (Gadchiroli).
In a post on X, Shah said the Modi government is building a "Sashakt, Surakshit and Samriddh Bharat with a ruthless approach to Naxalism and relentless efforts for all-pervasive development. Bharat is determined to uproot Naxalism for good by 31st March 2026."
The number of districts affected by Naxalism was recently 38. Of these, the number of 'most affected districts' has reduced to 6 from 12, the number of 'districts of concern' has also come down to 6 from 9 and number of 'other LWE-affected' districts has also been reduced from 17 to 6. The total number of LWE affected districts has thus reduced from 38 to 18 now.
Similarly, out of the total 38 affected districts, the number of 'districts of concern', where additional resources need to be intensively provided beyond the 'severely affected' districts, has reduced from 9 to 6. These six districts are Andhra Pradesh (Alluri Sitarama Raju), Madhya Pradesh (Balaghat), Odisha (Kalahandi, Kandhamal, and Malkangiri), and Telangana (Bhadradri-Kothagudem).
"Due to persistent action against Naxalism, the number of other LWE-affected districts has also decreased from 17 to 6. These include districts from Chhattisgarh (Dantewada, Gariaband, and Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki), Jharkhand (Latehar), Odisha (Nuapada), and Telangana (Mulugu), as per the MHA.
The 'most-affected' districts and 'districts of concern' are given financial assistance of ₹30 crore and Rs 10 crore respectively by the government of India under a special scheme, Special Central Assistance (SCA) to fill the gaps in public infrastructure.
Apart from this, special projects are also provided for these districts as per the need. The rapid improvement in the LWE scenario over the last year is primarily due to the establishment of new security camps in the insurgency-affected core areas and development-oriented works such as expansion of roads, transport facilities, water, electricity and other welfare schemes of the government reaching the villagers, the statement noted.
In a post on X, Shah said the Modi government is building a "Sashakt, Surakshit and Samriddh Bharat with a ruthless approach to Naxalism and relentless efforts for all-pervasive development. Bharat is determined to uproot Naxalism for good by 31st March 2026."
The number of districts affected by Naxalism was recently 38. Of these, the number of 'most affected districts' has reduced to 6 from 12, the number of 'districts of concern' has also come down to 6 from 9 and number of 'other LWE-affected' districts has also been reduced from 17 to 6. The total number of LWE affected districts has thus reduced from 38 to 18 now.
Similarly, out of the total 38 affected districts, the number of 'districts of concern', where additional resources need to be intensively provided beyond the 'severely affected' districts, has reduced from 9 to 6. These six districts are Andhra Pradesh (Alluri Sitarama Raju), Madhya Pradesh (Balaghat), Odisha (Kalahandi, Kandhamal, and Malkangiri), and Telangana (Bhadradri-Kothagudem).
"Due to persistent action against Naxalism, the number of other LWE-affected districts has also decreased from 17 to 6. These include districts from Chhattisgarh (Dantewada, Gariaband, and Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki), Jharkhand (Latehar), Odisha (Nuapada), and Telangana (Mulugu), as per the MHA.
The 'most-affected' districts and 'districts of concern' are given financial assistance of ₹30 crore and Rs 10 crore respectively by the government of India under a special scheme, Special Central Assistance (SCA) to fill the gaps in public infrastructure.
Apart from this, special projects are also provided for these districts as per the need. The rapid improvement in the LWE scenario over the last year is primarily due to the establishment of new security camps in the insurgency-affected core areas and development-oriented works such as expansion of roads, transport facilities, water, electricity and other welfare schemes of the government reaching the villagers, the statement noted.
You may also like
Assam's Kaziranga witnesses an all time high of over 4.06 lakh tourists in 2024-25
Inside 'super expensive' life of tennis stars who don't earn as much as Sinner and Alcaraz
Oppn creating confusion in country over Waqf Amendment Bill: Amit Shah
Gorgeous patio table and chairs set that's ideal for soaking up spring sun is axed to under £80
Amit Shah slams UPA for 'turning Waqf into a land-grabbing machine' before 2014 elections